If you require printing work to be done on a regular basis and in huge quantity, then you must be worried about the ink cartridge that goes out every now and then. On top of that, the high cost of inkjet cartridges burns a hole in your pocket.
In order to save money on inkjet cartridges you can follow these smart tips to make these expensive ink cartridges last longer.
- Always determine your purpose of printing. If there’s any information or text that you can save on your computer disk instead of taking out its hard copy, then you must avoid its unnecessary printing.
- Never expose your inkjet cartridges to extreme temperatures to avoid leakage or drying up of the ink in it due to excessive heat or cold, so that it lasts longer.
- Adjust your printer settings by switching to draft printer setting option in your printer driver. This will help you save the ink of the cartridge and will ensure fast printing.
- The color ink in the cartridge can be saved if you resort to black and white printing where possible. Use the color ink only as and when needed.
- Use your printer on a regular basis by printing some necessary text, so as to keep it moving well and avoid drying up of the ink in the cartridge.
- Avoid printing graphics or pictures in the reference documents that require only text reference.
- Use the print preview option in the computer. It ensures the elimination of unnecessary spaces and errors. This in turn prevents excessive reprinting of the documents.
- Choose printer friendly option if you are printing directly from the web. The web pages contain several unnecessary graphics and pictures which lead to waste of ink, if printed directly. So, opt for printer friendly setting of the pages.
- Buy refurbished inkjet cartridges whenever your first ink cartridge goes out of ink. These remanufactured inkjet cartridges contain relatively more quantity of ink in the cartridge than the branded OEM ink cartridges.
So, by following these few tips you can ensure your inkjet cartridges to be more economical and long lasting to use.